Performance 96 Gas Furnace
Carrier Performance 96
59TP6 = Two-Stage 4-Way Multipoise
40,000 - 120,000 Btu/h input Capacity
Up to 96.70% AFUE
More Information For Maryland Home Owners
Call: (301) 712-9530 or Schedule Online
THE PERFORMANCE 96 GAS FURNACE
The Performance 96 Multipoise Variable-Speed Condensing Gas Furnace features the two-stage Performancet System. The Comfort Heat® technology two-stage gas valve is at the heart of the comfort provided by this furnace, along with the variable-speed ECM blower motor, and two-speed inducer motor. With an Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) up to 96.5%, the Performance™ Series two-stage gas furnace provides exceptional savings when compared to standard gas furnaces. This Performance Gas Furnace also features 4-way multipoise installation flexibility, and is available in eight model sizes. The Performance 96 can be vented for direct vent/two-pipe, ventilated combustion air, or single-pipe applications.
SmartEvap™ Technology - When paired with a compatible thermostat, this dehumidification feature overrides the cooling blower off-delay when there is a call for dehumidification. By deactivating the blower off-delay, SmartEvap technology prevents condensate that remains on the coil after a dehumidification cycle from re-humidifying throughout the home. This results in reduced humidity and a more comfortable indoor environment for the homeowner. Unlike competitive systems, SmartEvap technology only overrides the cooling blower off delay when humidity control is needed. Once humidity is back in control, SmartEvap re-enables the energy-saving cooling blower off-delay.
- All sizes meet ENERGY STAR® Version 4.0 criteria for gas furnaces: 95+AFUE; AMACF electrical rating; 2% or less cabinet airflow leakage.
- Quiet operation.
- Ideal height 35” (889 mm) cabinet: short enough for taller coils, but still allows enough room for service.
- Silicon Nitride Perfect Light™ Hot Surface Igniter.
- Ideal Humidity SystemR technology, including SmartEvap™ technology, when paired with appropriate thermostat.
- ComfortFan™ technology allows control of continuous fan speed from a compatible thermostat.
- 4-way multipoise design for upflow, downflow or horizontal installations, with unique vent elbow and optional through-the-cabinet downflow venting capability.
- Full-featured variable-speed blower motor, two-speed inducer motor, and two-stage gas valve.
- Adjustable blower speed for cooling, continuous fan, and dehumidification.
- Aluminized-steel primary heat exchanger.
- Stainless-steel condensing secondary heat exchanger.
- Propane convertible.
- Factory-configured ready for upflow applications.
- Fully-insulated casing including blower section.
- Convenient Air Purifier and Humidifier connections.
- Direct-vent/sealed combustion, single-pipe venting or ventilated combustion air.
- Installation flexibility: sidewall or vertical vent.
- Certified to leak 2% or less of nominal air conditioning CFM delivered when pressurized to 1-in. water column with all present air inlets, air outlets, and condensate drain port(s) sealed.